To set up your Host Depot Mail account in Outlook 2010, simply add a new email account to your existing Outlook profile.
- Load Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- Select File > Info > Add Account. If you are
using Outlook 2010 for the first time, the Outlook 2010 Startup Wizard
may automatically open. If the Wizard opens, click Next. On the following screen, select Yes when you are asked, Would you like to configure an E-mail Account?, and then click Next.
- Select the check box beside Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click Next.
5. Select the radio button beside Internet E-mail
6. Click Next
7. In the User Information
- In the Your Name field, enter your name the way that you want it to appear to other people when you send a message.
- In the E-mail Address field, enter your full email address.
8. In the Server Information section:
- From the Account Type drop-down, select POP3.
- In the Incoming Mail Server field, enter mail.hostdepot.com
- In the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server field, smtp.hostdepot.com
9. In the Logon Information section:
- In the User Name field, enter your full email address.
- In the Password field, enter your password.
- Select the check box beside Remember password.
10. Select More Settings
11. Select the Outgoing Server tab.
12. Verify these settings:
- The check box beside My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is selected.
- The radio button beside Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
13. Select the Advanced tab.
14. Verify these settings
- The Incoming server (POP3) displays 110
- The Outgoing server (SMTP) displays 587
- Leave a copy of messages on the server (if you are using other devices to check mail)
15. Click OK
16. Click Next
17. Click Finish
Article ID: 123, Created On: 11/6/2012, Modified: 10/14/2015